Tax Preparation Product Specialist: Charlotte, NC
We are seeking a full-time Tax Product Specialist in our Charlotte, NC office, focused on our self-service tax filing product. You will create calculation specifications to keep the tax software up to date with the most recent tax law changes. You will also work closely with our engineering and product teams to bring product designs to reality, making sure the product is implemented accurately and handles all supported scenarios. You will support QA of the product for behavior and accuracy, and help to resolve product-related issues identified by our members.
This position is ideal for a seasoned tax product specialist or tax analyst looking for an opportunity to influence and improve a tax product that is accessed by millions of users, as part of a rapidly growing software company.
What you get to do:
- Ensure the accuracy of calculations and forms for various federal and state filing scenarios through regression testing
- Research current tax laws to create requirements that ensure the product is correct and up to date
- Work with engineers and QA to make sure requirements are implemented accurately
- Verify the product as it is being developed to ensure it provides a great user experience, including intuitive data entry and relevant help
- Draft tool tips, help center articles, and other support materials to help users understand how to file their taxes
- Communicate with teammates of varying skill sets, including product designers, engineers, QA and member support specialists
- Work with product managers to ensure product designs are clear and consistent with the tax code.
- Answer questions about the tax code, including “what if’s” that arise during design and development
What We Expect:
- 3+ years as a tax analyst or specialist at a tax software company (or similar experience)
- Demonstrates good judgement and intuition of how to make a great tax product
- Experience with creating regression test scenarios
- Effective and assertive communicator (written and verbal)
- Methodical, highly organized and detail-oriented, working with a high level of accuracy
- Bachelor degree in a related field a plus
- Contagious passion for tax
Back to top