Staff / Sr. Staff Site Reliability Engineer (Cloud)
What the job entails:
- Driving solutions and implementing systems that propel the organization as we leverage the capability of the Cloud to provide a seamless Platform
- Compute Platform architecture and reliability (IaaS, PaaS)
- Core infrastructure tools and frameworks (Configuration Management, IAM, WAF, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, Monitoring, HA, etc.)
- Working with Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.
- Collaborate across Engineering and Product teams to translate application requirements to infrastructure capabilities
- Maintaining an automation centric vision and incorporating SRE methodologies in an effort to increase reliability and decreasing toil
- Involvement in technical design and architecture discussions and decisions as well as contributing to technical troubleshooting in various part of the stack
What's Great About It?
- You will have the opportunity to contribute greatly to an extremely engineering-focused organization.
- Your contributions will have a noticeable impact on our members as well as your fellow Karmanauts (that’s what we call ourselves).
- You will be involved in organizational efforts of continuous improvement to increase and ensure the reliability of Credit Karma.
- You will get broad exposure to our full stack, consisting of desired and progressive technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Google Cloud Platform, Jenkins, etc.
- You will grow and learn and have fun doing it--it’s part of our culture.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you have probably already read about.
Our ideal candidate:
- 8+ years of experience in a web-centric Linux production environment building and architecting infrastructure to scale modern web applications and supporting components.
- Strong understanding of Computer Engineering with a focus on Infrastructure, Platform, and Application (Cloud, Network, Application Reliability, Database Architecture).
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi-tier web application architectures.
- Experience running Infrastructure at scale; utilizing Configuration Management and automation to ensure idempotency, ephemerality, and reliability.
- Advanced knowledge of Python or other higher-level OOP languages (eg. Ruby, GoLang, etc).
- Familiar with SRE methodologies and passionate about solving operation problems by utilizing automation and software.
- Ability to communicate effectively vertically and horizontally within the organization via demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a hybrid environment as well as Public Cloud, e.g. Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Familiarity with information security principles and best practices in virtual environments.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top