Staff Software Engineer, Platform Services
What the Job Entails
- Hands-on contributor and thought leader across the entire service lifecycle spectrum (spanning development, integration, deployment, and runtime envs)
- Support and evolve our PaaS offerings & environments (think container runtimes, environment parity for dev & prod, infrastructure abstraction and resource stitching)
- Stay on top of industry trends and make pragmatic decisions as to their applicability to our environment, with an emphasis on scale and automation
- Evangelize and advocate PaaS best practices both within the team and throughout the engineering department. This includes giving presentations, participating in working groups, proactively engaging teams with informal chats, plus mentoring and training
- Take an ownership role in the platform service offerings and ensure they are enabling teams to move quick and focus on providing business value
- Code using primarily PHP and Scala
Our Ideal Candidate
- Software engineering is your core discipline, but you’ve specialized in back-end platform scaling.
- 5+ years of platform engineering experience as a technical contributor.
- Expert foundation in OOP, design patterns, and programming languages.
- Solid understanding of CI best practices and tooling, specifically Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of linux, docker, configuration management systems, and git.
- Experience operating at scale and ability to provide examples with depth.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Thrives in a fast moving, agile environment.
- Loves web and/or mobile technology spaces.
- Opinionated and still able to compromise.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Jonathan works cross-functionally to develop products that help people feel in control of their credit, their options, and their futures.
Back to top