Staff Software Engineer - International & Canada Team
Credit Karma's mission is to make financial progress possible for everyone. We have over 80 million US members and are now taking aim internationally. In just 12 months, we’ve grown Credit Karma Canada to be the #1 destination for free credit scores and reports, and we’re just getting started.
Your role will be to own and lead our continued scaling internationally, and drive key decisions along the way that will influence our entire engineering organization. We are operating as a well funded and supported “startup” within Credit Karma with enormous opportunity to move fast and have high impact.
What You'll Do
- Drive a technical vision for the engineering organization around scaling internationally
- Lead key efforts including build out of new product features, design & development of new microservices, and extending Credit Karma’s platform to new countries and markets
- Take an active role in the technical growth of other team members, and the processes that support overall team growth
- Scoping and planning work across multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
What's Great About It
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business.
- Lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- Have the autonomy to achieve results without micromanagement.
- Credit Karma is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply; This is especially true on the International team where each of us should have empathy for members, partners and colleagues of diverse backgrounds
Experience We're Looking For
- Professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services
- Significant professional experience in server-side development
- Knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain driven design
- Professional experience across entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- Approaches problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach - understands well trade-offs between perfection and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and utilizes this capacity to plan and deliver on product requirements
- Confident articulating complex technical content to peers and partners
- PHP experience a plus
- React experience a plus
- Node.js experience a plus
- DevOps experience a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services
- Proven ability and interest in mentorship of junior engineers
- A fun and positive attitude!
Back to top