Staff Software Engineer, Core Services
What the Job Entails
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, scalable distributed software systems in the context of Credit Karma’s service-oriented architecture.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of Credit Karma’s core systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed problems and develop solutions that have a significant impact at our massive scale.
- Work cross-functionally with various engineering teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years in the industry as a technical contributor.
- Strong algorithms and data structures background.
- Expertise in Scala, Java, Clojure, and/or any functional language. We code primarily in Scala and PHP, so you’ll be excited to either ramp up on those languages or continue building awesome things with them.
- Experience with software engineering patterns and best practices (e.g. SOLID, hexagonal architecture, domain driven design, test driven development, design documentation, code reviews).
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing.
- Development experience on the JVM, including asynchronous I/O, concurrency, and the Java memory model.
- A history of open-source contribution and a passion for development of elegant, well-designed frameworks.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Jonathan works cross-functionally to develop products that help people feel in control of their credit, their options, and their futures.
Back to top