Staff Mobile Software Engineer
Staff Mobile Software Engineers represent exceptional technical acumen in the mobile space mixed with an ability to influence and inspire change in our engineering organization. You should be someone who loves being a hands-on Android or iOS programmer and have a history in additional software development. You will be spending at least 50% of your time collaborating with our agile mobile teams to get high quality code out the door as an individual contributor. You should also be excited to spend some of your time working on code reviews, architectural discussions, and driving good decisions within the mobile team. You are a senior member of the team who wants to have high impact; no matter if you want a hands-on career or desire the challenges of management.
What the Job Entails
- Hands-on development with a Scrum team at least half the time.
- Driving teams to make strong technical decisions; keeping an eye on the community and trending tools, working with the mobile team to understand and document requirements, promoting decisiveness across the team to make informed decisions, influencing and evangelizing those decisions, and then adjusting them over time with good objective and subjective follow-up.
- Passionately contributing to mentoring through code reviews, design discussions, pair programming, working group participation, and agile engagement.
- Green-fielding and working with established code base; ultimately making sure teams deliver high quality output as a leader by picking up the mantle of program / project leadership, working cross functionally with API teams, and being a champion of agile processes.
- Having a strong interest in the engineering & technology community; writing blogs, presenting at meetups, presenting at conferences, contributing to open source projects, and ultimately helping to raise the visibility of the Credit Karma team.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years in the industry as a technical contributor, 5+ years experience specific to mobile technologies.
- Exercises empathy while still being able to challenge the status quo.
- Experience in both iOS and Android.
- Strong foundation of software design.
- Extensive mobile testing experience.
- Passionate about producing quality product and software.
- Opinionated and still able to compromise.
- Already involved in open source.
- Willing to lead initiatives and is a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization
Back to top