Staff Infrastructure Security Engineer
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you'll do
- Build, deploy and implement DLP, EDR and e-mail security solutions.
- Implement an enterprise-grade SIEM tool and enroll critical infrastructure logs.
- Build and monitor integrations between security solutions and ensure the completeness and accuracy of ingested data.
- Develop content, tune alerting and create correlation rules.
- Find opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to build more visibility or defend key points of attack.
- Deploy and maintain additional security solutions that will prevent and detect attacks against CK's infrastructure.
- Collaborate with peer departments within Security, and serve as a consultant for all infrastructure security decisions, partnering with IT, Platform Engineering, Product and Business Development teams while building positive, productive relationships with business and technology leadership.
What’s great about the role
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What we are looking for
- 8+ years of experience in a similar (cyber security) role and be an expert understanding of system, network, infrastructure and security concepts.
- Strong cross-platform (Linux, MacOS and Windows) administration-level experience and experience securing SaaS, PaaS and IaaS cloud environments and in-depth knowledge of containerization and Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience with Enterprise SIEM products in a multifaceted environment.
- Experience building dashboards, crafting searches and alerting rules in Splunk and/or Splunk ES.
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills for automating repetitive tasks.
- Experience working in (or closely with) a Security Operations Center.
- Expert level of knowledge of network security monitoring (NSM) techniques and in-depth knowledge of privilege escalation, persistence and lateral movement techniques.
- Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to UKemail@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top