Software Engineer, Venice CA
Credit Karma's mission is to make financial progress possible for everyone. We have over 80 million US members and are a true mission-oriented business, a rare case where our incentives align with our users - we succeed by helping our members.
Credit Karma is one of the best places to work in tech today, with a culture of growth and impact. As we continue to grow our product beyond credit scores (e.g. Credit Karma Tax) to become a main touchpoint for consumer finance, we're just getting started. We want someone who has a bias for action, will take ownership, and responsibility to have a meaningful impact. We embrace a culture where you're encouraged to innovate, as we scale the product, technology, and organization, and then launch them into action. See some of our stories at engineering.creditkarma.com.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you represent exceptional technical acumen, mixed with an ability to influence and inspire change in our engineering organization. You should be someone who loves being a hands-on programmer spending at least 50% of your time collaborating with agile teams to get high quality code out the door. You should also be excited to review code, architectural discussions, and drive good decisions within the technical staff. If you want a hands-on career, and desire the challenges of management, we want you.
Some of the experiences as a Staff Software Engineer include:
- Hands-on development with a Scrum team at least half the time.
- Passionately contributing to mentoring through code reviews, design discussions, pair programming, working group participation, and agile engagement.
- Work closely with established teams alike; ultimately making sure those teams deliver as a leader by picking up the mantle of program / project leadership.
- You'll partner with other teams such as Security, Operations, Business Development and Analytics, as an engineering champion of the agile processes.
- Evangelize Credit Karma engineering among the engineering & technology community; writing blogs, presenting at meetups, speaking at conferences, and contributing to open source projects.
- 3 to 8+ years in the industry as a technical contributor.
- You bring a strong sense of empathy, while still being able to challenge the status quo.
- You're comfortable moving fast, and agile.
- You love web and/or mobile technology spaces.
- You're passionate about producing quality product and software.
- Opinionated and still able to compromise.
- Already involved in open source.
- You're a leader, and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Credit Karma is committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, with training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. Join us!
Back to top