Software Engineer - Learning & Optimization Team
What you’ll do
- Brainstorm new product ideas on a weekly basis.
- --> Search for new and innovative ways to help our members reach their financial goals. You implement your own ideas.
- Prototype new features and launch them as experiments to our members. We like to validate ideas early before investing heavily.
- --> Launch every feature as an A/B test. At our scale, we reach significance quickly.
- Optimize existing features in order to improve metrics such as retention, engagement and revenue.
- Evaluate the outcome of your experiments.
- --> Dig into data yourself to search for insights. (We use tools such as Looker to understand how members are reacting to our features.)
- --> Come out with product-learnings to help inform product strategy thinking beyond just incremental features.
Who you’ll collaborate with
- Work very closely with partners such as product and design. However, in the end, you’re in charge of your features and own the decisions.
- Give and solicit real-time feedback from other team members to continually raise the quality of the product and your code.
- Evangelize the value of data driven product development within Credit Karma through presentations and conversation with others.
What you'll need
- Minimum 1+ year of building consumer facing product experiences. We're looking for experienced folks but will consider early career engineers.
- A majority of your time will be working with the user experience and React. However, you’ll need to jump into the backend at times (GraphQL, PHP, Node, Scala).
- Comfort with developing for multiple platforms (mobile web and desktop web).
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for UX and design.
- Experience with iterative design and working with cross functional teams.
- Willingness to strengthen your technical skills through pair programming.
Nice to have
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology.
- Experience with Sketch and the basics of design.
- Any native or React Native experience.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top