Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
We are operating as a well funded and supported “startup” within Credit Karma with enormous opportunity to move fast and have high impact. This Frontend Engineering role will implement user facing features to millions of Credit Karma users while working cross-functionally and driving key decisions along the way.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do
- Implement user-facing features using React and GraphQL
- Work closely with team members to build scalable features and systems
- Partner with designers, product managers, analysts, and program managers
- Own the complete software development lifecycle
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable UI components that will be used across our products
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
What's Great About It
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business
- You'll have lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organisation
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
Experience We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Deep understanding of how web browsers work
- Customer-focused and data-driven
- Enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Effectively communicates technical ideas
- Experience with a modern web component frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember)
- Experience implementing APIs that are used by the client (e.g. REST, GraphQL)
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
- Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to UKfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.