Software Engineer - Culver City, CA
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, doing their taxes and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free.
Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,200 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As a Software Engineer, you represent exceptional technical acumen, mixed with an ability to influence and inspire change in our engineering organization. You should be someone who loves being a hands-on programmer spending at least 50% of your time collaborating with agile teams to get high quality code out the door. You should also be excited to review code, architectural discussions, and drive good decisions within the technical staff. If you want a hands-on career, and desire the challenges of management, we want you.
Some of the experiences as a Software Engineer include:
- Hands-on development with a Scrum team at least half the time.
- Passionately contributing to mentoring through code reviews, design discussions, pair programming, working group participation, and agile engagement.
- Work closely with established teams alike; ultimately making sure those teams deliver as a leader by picking up the mantle of program / project leadership.
- You'll partner with other teams such as Security, Operations, Business Development and Analytics, as an engineering champion of the agile processes.
- Evangelize Credit Karma engineering among the engineering & technology community; writing blogs, presenting at meetups, speaking at conferences, and contributing to open source projects.
- 5 to 8+ years in the industry as a technical contributor.
- You bring a strong sense of empathy, while still being able to challenge the status quo.
- You're comfortable moving fast, and agile.
- You love web and/or mobile technology spaces.
- You're passionate about producing quality product and software.
- Opinionated and still able to compromise.
- Already involved in open source.
- You're a leader, and a catalyst for change throughout the whole organization.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
Back to top