Software Engineer: Charlotte, NC
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be a member of a small cross-functional Scrum team and get involved in every aspect of the product development cycle. You’ll work closely with a Product Manager and be in charge of the development of your product features--you'll figure out how they should be architected, design the DB schema, write the code, write the unit tests, and make sure that loose ends are tied up.
We are a growing Engineering team, yet we offer a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. If you're a person who enjoys working with a lot of freedom, but knows how to take full ownership of a project and meet deadlines with quality, then this is the role for you.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years of professional experience in at least one dynamic server-side language: PHP, Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Scala, or similar!
- A solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and Linux operating systems.
- Expert understanding of web application internals and common technologies.
- Strong understanding of deployment strategies and production infrastructure needs.
- Experience in React, AngularJS, Ember, Backbone, Knockout, Meteor, or similar frameworks
- Extensive experience in application scalability at any application tier.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational database schema design and ORM technologies.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices.
- An interest in mentoring and coaching is a plus!
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Jonathan works cross-functionally to develop products that help people feel in control of their credit, their options, and their futures.
Back to top