Software Engineer: Charlotte, NC*
Credit Karma's mission is to make financial progress possible for everyone. We have over 100 million US members and are a true mission-oriented business, a rare case where our incentives are aligned with our users — we succeed by helping our members.
If you're motivated by growth and impact, Credit Karma is one of the best places to work in tech today. We are growing our product beyond credit scores (e.g. Credit Karma Tax) and are well-positioned to become the main touchpoint for consumer finance, but there is so much work left to do! Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact. We embrace a culture where engineers are encouraged to identify opportunities to scale the product, technology, and organization, and then launch them into action. See some of our stories at engineering.creditkarma.com.
As a software engineer, you will contribute to a wide variety of projects that power our business and help deliver value to our members. We have a wide array of challenges — from building scalable systems to support new product features, into microservices that can work in concert to help our members, to launching new experiences on both desktop and mobile web.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 8+ years of professional experience in at least one dynamic server-side language: Java/Core Java/J2EE, Scala, PHP, Ruby, Python, or similar!!
- A solid foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, programming languages, networking and Linux operating systems.
- Expert understanding of web application internals and common technologies.
- Strong understanding of deployment strategies and production infrastructure needs.
- Experience in React, AngularJS or similar frameworks
- Extensive experience in application scalability at any application tier.
- Proficiency in SQL, relational database schema design and ORM technologies.
- Strong communication and leadership abilities.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum practices.
- An interest in mentoring and coaching is a plus!
What You Can Expect:
- As a member of our Software Engineering team, you’ll be a member of a small cross-functional Scrum team and get involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- You’ll work closely with a Product, Design, and other Engineers/teams and be in charge of the development of your product features--you'll figure out how they should be architected, design the DB schema, write the code, write the unit tests, and make sure that loose ends are tied up.
- We are a growing Engineering team, yet we offer a great deal of autonomy and flexibility.
- Identifying ways to improve our technology and process
- Participating in code and technical design reviews
- If you're a person who enjoys working with a lot of freedom, but knows how to take full ownership of a project and meet deadlines with quality, then this is the role for you.
Back to top