Credit Karma's mission is to make financial progress possible for everyone. We have over 60 million US members and are a true mission-oriented business, a rare case where our incentives are aligned with our users - we succeed by helping our members.
If you're motivated by growth and impact, Credit Karma is one of the best places to work in tech today. We are growing our product beyond credit scores (e.g. Credit Karma Tax) and are well-positioned to become the main touchpoint for consumer finance, but there is so much work left to do! Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact. We embrace a culture where engineers are encouraged to identify opportunities to scale the product, technology, and organization, and then launch them into action. See some of our stories at engineering.creditkarma.com.
As a software engineer, you will be able to contribute to a wide variety of projects that power our business and help our members. We have a huge array of challenges - from building scalable systems to support new product features, decomposing our legacy PHP application into microservices that can work in concert to help our members, to managing the large amounts of data we need to unlock financial insights every day. We’re in the process of moving our backend stack towards Scala and Node.js based microservices, so there’s a lot of need for engineers who can come in and help us build for the future.
Some of the experiences as a Software Engineer include:
- Partnering with other engineering teams to solve important business and technology problems
- Building new microservices in Node.js and Scala
- Designing new systems and storage schema
- Building internal APIs in Thrift and migrating existing REST endpoints
- Profiling and improving the performance and scalability of services you own
- Identifying ways to improve our technology and process
- Participating in code and technical design reviews
- Designing metrics and dashboards to empower data-driven decisions
- Influencing the direction of our platform with your own ideas