SOC / DFIR Lead
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a SOC / DFIR Team Lead is to mine a deep data set of security event information for useful signals and feed the results into automated actions and infrastructure changes.
What You'll Do
- Lead, mentor, and serve as an escalation point for security analysts in Credit Karma's SOC & DFIR team.
- Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats.
- Prepare incident reports for a mixed technical and non-technical audiences.
- Leverage Splunk, including Enterprise Security, to craft tests for security hypotheses against Credit Karma’s unique production and corporate environments.
- Engage with partners in engineering, IT, and operations to respond to and remediate events.
- Research, extraction, and dissemination of open source intelligence (OSINT) on threat actors targeting the financial industry.
- Maintain operational reports for Key Performance Indicators as well as weekly and monthly metrics.
- Apply broad security industry, technology, business and professional knowledge to contribute to policy-making and process design.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews of analysts case work, as well guiding and aiding in training and development opportunities for the analysts.
- Initiate automation, where possible, to effectively triage and address security alerts.
What's Great About It
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What We Expect
- 10+ years of incident detection and response experience.
- Expert level of knowledge of network security monitoring (NSM) techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of privilege escalation, persistence and lateral movement techniques.
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills.
- A creative forensic mindset.
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!
Back to top