SOC Analyst-Charlotte, NC
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Credit Karma is looking for a SOC Analyst, and your unique mission is to mine a deep data set of security event information for useful signals and feed the results into automated actions and infrastructure changes. This Individual may also sit in our Charlotte Office.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDI
What you'll do:
- Perform monitoring, research, assessment and analysis on all notable security events within the Credit Karma environment
- Set and tune alerting for important events
- Engage with partners in engineering, IT, and operations to respond to and remediate events
- Identify opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack
- Design visualizations of key sustaining metrics for 24x7 panes of glass
What's great about the role:
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of incident detection and response experience
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills
- A creative forensic mindset
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change
- A fun and positive attitude!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top