Senior Storage Infrastructure Engineer
Credit Karma’s infrastructure team is responsible for all aspects of infrastructure operations and maintaining the highest levels of uptime to support millions of users.
Responsibilities include designing storage systems and solutions for high-availability and security, planning and executing multiple projects, and supporting 24/7/365 site operations. Our ideal candidate is an experienced storage systems engineer who thrives in fast-paced environments, enjoys multitasking, and is able to work independently or as part of a project team. Provide research, recommendations and solutions for redundancy, availability, scalability, and performance improvement. Ability to prioritize projects and tasks based on business needs.
- Minimum 5-7 years in UNIX systems administration in high-volume production environments
- Expert knowledge of storage solutions, including, but not limited to, EMC family of products (VMAX, VPLEX, Isilon, Data Domain)
- Expertise in open-source storage technologies. Thorough knowledge of HDFS and other distributed file systems.
- Thorough knowledge and practical implementation of storage solutions supporting high-volume secure production environments
- Knowledge of Fiber Channel networking and other technologies necessary for architecting and supporting storage solutions
- Knowledge of Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Apache, PHP and/or Python and MySQL
- Experience writing scripts to automate production systems, including configuration management and monitoring tools
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation is required for this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Back to top