Senior Software Engineer, Platform Metrics
Credit Karma’s platform metrics team is responsible for all aspects of building a hybrid cloud monitoring and visibility platform that will power KPI, profiling, and operation of micro-services. This new team is going to leverage Google cloud service, EC2, as well as private cloud; we research, design and implement a real-time data platform on top of big data technologies. Responsibilities include designing systems with high-availability and high-scalability, planning and executing multiple projects. Our ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who thrives in fast-paced environments, enjoys multitasking, and is able to work independently or as part of a project team. Provide research, recommendations and solutions for redundancy, availability, scalability, and performance improvement. Ability to prioritize projects and tasks based on business needs.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 4-5 years in software development, in the domain of microservices, monitoring, or real-time data processing
- Expert knowledge of Linux (RHEL, CentOS), Apache, PHP, Java, Kafka, and MySQL
- Experience with data platform, map-reduce, and performance tuning
- Experience writing streaming engines to automate data processing and detecting data anomaly
- Experience with public and private cloud technologies and virtualization.
- Background in big data, data platform is strongly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to jump in and learn new systems very quickly. Self-starter, able to operate with minimal guidance
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and above all eager to learn something new
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Jonathan works cross-functionally to develop products that help people feel in control of their credit, their options, and their futures.
Back to top