Senior Software Engineer - Experimentation Platform
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for the experimentation platform team at Credit Karma. You will collaborate with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and technical leaders across the company to build a world-class experimentation system that meets our needs. You’ll also help solve interesting technical challenges such as architecting and operating Big Data infrastructure and services, designing intuitive UIs for experiment management, and improve our software that produces meaningful statistics . Experimentation is the fundamental building block for product decision-making at Credit Karma and this is a high-visibility role that will greatly impact how software and services are built to improve the financial lives of millions.
We use Scala and React and are passionate about performance, correctness, and our members’ experience. The team is full stack and we are looking for both backend and frontend engineers. Our team builds out everything from client SDKs, experiment management UIs, and scalable backend services. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
- Participate in the design and implementation of core platform features
- Build tools to deliver accurate analysis and enable insights into consumer behaviour
- Write services to deliver targeted user experiencesHelp understand our day to day operations for continuous improvement of production systems
- Research & explore new A/B testing methodologies used by companies at scale and incorporate them into our core platform
- Mentor junior engineers and help provide technical leadership for the team
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years experience (we’re hiring all experience levels)
- Experience with Scala/Java or React/JS, OR ability to pick up new technology quickly
- Experience with designing and implementing high-volume, low-latency microservices.
- Enjoys working collaboratively; CK’s values include empathy and helpfulness
- Able to estimate and meet deadlines
Nice to Have:
- Experience designing scalable microservice architectureExperience in building data pipelines or A/B testing services preferred
Back to top