Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data team, you’ll work with a talented team of engineers to improve Credit Karma’s behavioral analytics frameworks that capture user behavior in real time. You’ll help to build secure, scalable, fast, and developer friendly tools to make capturing analytics within our web and native apps seamless and easy.
The team spends their time day to day building analytics tools for other engineers within Credit Karma, helping teams solve tricky bugs, gathering feedback, building test automation, enhancing data quality monitoring, and managing our client side analytics frameworks. You will work with cutting edge tools such as GraphQL, Typescript, React, Scala, and Google Cloud. We are looking for software engineers at all levels.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
What will you be responsible for?
- Collaborate, design, write, and maintain data capture frameworks and tools used internally by other engineers
- Learn how analytics data is packaged server side, sent from front end, and organized in our Data Warehouse to evangelize across engineering and drive improvements
- Research and dissect legacy data systems to help decompose our monolith into service oriented architecture
- Troubleshoot data quality bugs by writing SQL queries, identifying appropriate solutions, and creating steps for prevention
- Collaborate with other engineers and analysts to understand their needs
- Build and maintain tools for analysts to discover, query, and interpret analytics
You may be our ideal candidate if you have...
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Fundamental knowledge about databases, data modeling, and strong SQL skills
- Enjoys working collaboratively; CK’s values include empathy and helpfulness
- Able to estimate and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Familiar with Google Cloud ecosystem such as BigQuery, GCS, DataProc, etc
- Experience working on product analytics systems
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!