Senior Software Engineer, Data
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Data team, you’ll work with a talented team of engineers to improve Credit Karma’s behavioral analytics frameworks that capture user behavior in real time. You’ll help to build secure, scalable, fast, and developer friendly tools to make capturing analytics within our web and native apps seamless and easy.
The team spends their time day to day building analytics tools for other engineers within Credit Karma, helping teams solve tricky bugs, gathering feedback, building test automation, enhancing data quality monitoring, and managing our client side analytics frameworks. You will work with cutting edge tools such as GraphQL, Typescript, React, Scala, and Google Cloud. We are looking for software engineers at all levels.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment where everyone can have their say while still being able to set and hit deadlines, then this is the role for you.
- Collaborate, design, write, and maintain data capture frameworks and tools used internally by other engineers
- Learn how analytics data is packaged server side, sent from front end, and organized in our Data Warehouse to evangelize across engineering and drive improvements
- Research and dissect legacy data systems to help decompose our monolith into service oriented architecture
- Troubleshoot data quality bugs by writing SQL queries, identifying appropriate solutions, and creating steps for prevention
- Collaborate with other engineers and analysts to understand their needs
- Build and maintain tools for analysts to discover, query, and interpret analytics
Our ideal candidate
- Demonstrated ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Fundamental knowledge about databases, data modeling, and strong SQL skills
- Enjoys working collaboratively; CK’s values include empathy and helpfulness
- Able to estimate and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Familiar with Google Cloud ecosystem such as BigQuery, GCS, DataProc, etc
- Experience working on product analytics systems
Back to top