Senior Software Engineer - App Platform* (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
The App Platform team at Credit Karma enables our product engineering teams to build experiences across multiple platforms (iOS, Android and Web) more efficiently. To accomplish this, the team has been tasked with building a backend-driven UI authoring and rendering system. Your role will be to lead the technical architecture for core backend infrastructure team for this effort. If you have a technical background and are interested in the challenges of people leadership, you might make a great fit for engineering management at Credit Karma.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What will you do?
- Be the technical leader and mentor for your engineering team.
- Work collaboratively with product and engineering peers to enable our teams to ship great experiences to our members
- Provide technical direction to your team.
- Support your team through technical discussions, architecture, cross team alignment
What great about it?
- You’ll be immersed in a great mission and will be helping people learn about and improve their personal finances.
- You’ll learn a lot in the process through our strong focus on the art of engineering leadership.
- You’ll be able to work on technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, backed by great product design and experimentation-driven product development.
- And, of course, you’ll have access to awesome perks!
What do we expect?
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Prior experience building and operating backend services at scale
- Prior experience collaborating with teams and customers in different locations and time zones.
- Interest in and understanding of UI development (Android, iOS or Web)Drive to lead by example, develop new leaders, and be a catalyst for change throughout the organization.
- Thoughtfulness and empathy while constantly challenging our current processes.
- Influential communication skills which bring together product, engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Love of web and mobile products.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top