Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Observability
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
The Observability Team’s mission is to provide tools that allow other engineers and our Site Operations team to more easily monitor, alert, and troubleshoot issues in our infrastructure and services. We are looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer who’s customer-focused and passionate about reliability, scalability, and security. You’ll work closely with many other engineering, operations, and international teams to help them monitor their systems and services with confidence and move faster.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What you’ll do
- Develop automation and tools to reduce toil and make processes repeatable
- Manage critical Observability components including logging (Splunk), metrics (InfluxDB and Grafana), and tracing that write millions of points per minute and terabytes of data per day
- Operate a large, business-critical Kafka cluster
- Simplify deployments and improve scaling and resiliency by moving infrastructure into Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud
- Collaborate with other platform and service engineers and share best practices to help them monitor and quickly debug their systems and applications
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Mentor junior team members and help them reach the next level
What's Great About It
- Your work will have high impact and visibility across the company
- You’ll learn a lot - we operate in the cloud, on-prem, and across multiple geos
- Our technology stack includes Splunk, InfluxDB, Grafana, Sensu, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and Google Cloud
- We value continuous growth and development - at the individual, team, and company levels
- You’ll be helping to advance Credit Karma’s mission to make financial progress possible for everyone
Experience We're Looking For
- 3+ years in devops, system, or software engineering with an infrastructure focus
- 1+ years operating high-throughput, high-scale systems
- 1+ years running in Cloud environments
- Data streaming (e.g. Kafka, Pub/Sub, Kinesis)
- Time-series databases (e.g. InfluxDB, OpenTSDB)
- Distributed tracing (e.g. Zipkin, OpenTracing, OpenCensus)
- Log management (e.g. Splunk)
- Containers and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Provisioning and configuration management (e.g. Terraform, Salt, Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top