Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
What the Job Entails
- Preparation of the periodic reports, in compliance with US GAAP disclosing requirements.
- Research, evaluate, and document technical accounting and external reporting implications of complex and non-standard transactions and communicate required treatment and entries to accounting staff.
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP and various regulations, including newly issued accounting pronouncements.
- Manage the preparation and maintain support for all areas of our external reporting process, such as EPS calculations, Consolidated Balance Sheet, Consolidated Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Stockholders’ Equity and support binders.
- Manage the reporting timeline and work collaboratively with various business partners to ensure reporting timelines are met.
- Maintain, update, and evaluate new accounting policies in line with new pronouncements.
- Coordination and managing all aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements and audit engagement, including scope setting, updating key controls, implementation of controls, and managing the execution of the control testing.
- Assist with preparation and review of tax provision and tax returns, in conjunction with tax consultants.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA required.
- Minimum of seven years of related professional accounting experience preferably in the fintech industry.
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations required and IFRS desirable.
- Ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues.
- Public Accounting background is a big plus.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and successfully deliver results.
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with both external and internal parties.
- Possesses strong written and oral communication skills.
- Possesses the willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done accurately, efficiently and with the highest level of integrity.
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Possesses a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Jonathan works cross-functionally to develop products that help people feel in control of their credit, their options, and their futures.
Back to top