Senior Manager, Engineering - Personal Loans
Since Credit Karma's founding in 2007, providing transparency and empowerment across consumer finance has been core to our DNA. As the scope and ambition of our mission expands, so do the multi-faceted technical challenges which drive our goals. Our team in San Francisco is working on a number of new and exciting initiatives, and we're looking for top engineering leadership to join the movement. If you have a technical background and are interested in the challenges of people leadership, you might make a great fit for engineering management at Credit Karma.
What Will You Do?
- Manage one or more engineering teams within the Personal Loans vertical.
- Work collaboratively with product thought leaders; help shape product strategy and ship impactful experiences for our members.
- Provide technical strategy and direction to your teams.
- People care! 1:1s, growth and development, performance reviews, compensation, and supporting happy and effective engineering at CK.
- The cherry on top; along with people and technical leadership, you'll have the ability to shape your team’s culture towards efficiency and a result oriented culture.
What's Great About It?
- You’ll be knee deep in a great mission; helping people learn about credit and their personal finances.
- You’ll learn a lot doing it; we care about the art of engineering leadership.
- Technically rewarding challenges backed by distributed systems at scale, data science, and experimentation-driven product development.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What Do We Expect?
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- 2+ years experience as a people manager.
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor.
- Drive to lead by example, develop new leaders, and be a catalyst for change throughout the organization.
- Thoughtful empathy while constantly challenging our current processes.
- Influential communication skills which bring together product, engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment.
- Love of web and mobile products.
- Attention to detail, efficiency and result oriented mindset.
Back to top