Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you’ll be a member of a team of Machine Learning Engineers working closely with data scientists. You’ll be working on the machine learning infrastructure to help data scientists develop models which will be used to improve user experience through better personalization.
You’ll build scalable machine learning platform for statistical feature mining, algorithmic feature transformations, generic predictive models, and model analysis flows for improving and continuously optimizing user engagement and revenue generation using Apache Beam, Apache Spark, Tensorflow, Scikit-Learn and Apache Airflow on large amounts of data.
We are a growing Engineering team, yet we offer a great deal of autonomy and flexibility. If you're a person who enjoys working with a lot of freedom, but knows how to take full ownership of a project and meet deadlines with quality, then this is the role for you.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of exp in Software Development.
- 2+ years of experience with Machine Learning.
- 2+ years of Big Data experience.
- Experience with mathematical optimization (both derivative and derivative-free methods)
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields.
Experience and Exposure with the following:
- Dynamic server-side OOP languages: Scala, Java, C++, Python; design patterns, algorithms, statistics, probability theory, machine learning, artificial intelligence, programming languages, networking and operating systems; web application internals and common technologies; deployment strategies
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Apache Spark
- Professional working knowledge of Scala
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related fields.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!