Senior Infrastructure Engineer, Site Reliability
What the Job Entails
- Developing automation and tools, to reduce toil and improve repeatability of processes.
- Define reliability metrics, and work to ensure services meet them.
- Develop runbooks and processes to reduce MTTR in incidents.
- Collaborate with core infrastructure and service engineers to improve service reliability, scalability, and tooling.
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack, software, hardware, cloud, and networking.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 4+ years of professional experience in server-side website development or 6+ years in a DevOps role
- A strong foundation in OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and programming languages grounds your tools development.
- You have a deep understanding of at least two of the following: linux internals, networking, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, or cloud infrastructure.
- You’ve built tooling to improve reliability of systems, automated remediation of issues, or improve scalability.
- You have 4 or more years experience working in production environments at scale, and want to improve our availability and performance.
- Writing a script should come as second nature to you, and you should have experience with Python, Bash, Ruby, or Perl.
- Systems often need to be reconfigured, so you should have experience with a configuration management system like Puppet, Chef or Salt. (We use Salt.)
- You should be able to clearly communicate technical details when speaking or writing.
- This position is part of a well established team, and you should be excited about working closely with them, and product development teams.
- Working in the cloud is a little different, so it would be great if you have some experience with AWS or GCP.
- Our environment often has new challenges and technologies, so we want a candidate who is excited to learn.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top