Credit Karma is looking for an experienced Senior Front-End Engineer to join our fast-growing Autos vertical in Los Angeles. Our product engineering team is responsible for empowering our members to make the best financial decisions when it comes to their cars. This includes creating innovative new features leveraging Credit Karma's core strengths of data, scale, and high engagement to help members buy new cars, get the best insurance, and better manage their existing cars.
You’ll work closely with our product, design, and data science teams to build impactful and high quality experiences for our members. We value rapid iteration and place a strong emphasis on experimentation and validating our product decisions with real world data.
This role will help make critical engineering decisions; pushing for thoughtful, maintainable solutions. You’ll drive client-side technical direction with the latest front-end technologies to build scalable web apps targeting modern browsers and deliver ground-breaking interfaces, visualizations, and user experiences.
What the Job Entails
- Help drive the technical direction for client-side architecture across applications.
- Willingness to push the bounds of client-side web development with the goal of creating a unique experience for users.
- Evaluating key technologies and driving thoughtful implementations.
- Evangelizing web technologies across the organization.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has 7+ years of programming experience with a focus on Front End Development
- Strong command of modern HTML and CSS
- Experience architecting modern and performant front-end applications for high volume websites
- Experience helping drive API design- Strong sense of UX/UI Design Principles
- Experience with automated testing suites, like Jest or Mocha
- Awareness of performance considerations such as cross-browser compatibility and load-time optimizations
- Working understanding of accessibility standards- Experience in an Agile software & product development environment.
- Experience collaborating and mentoring teammates
- Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience writing and consuming GraphQL APIs
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with A/B Testing and experimentation
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!