Senior Front End Engineer - Mortgage
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
If you're motivated by growth and impact, Credit Karma is one of the best places to work in tech today. We are growing our product beyond credit scores (e.g. Credit Karma Tax) and are well-positioned to become the main touchpoint for consumer finance, but there is so much work left to do! Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact. We embrace a culture where engineers are encouraged to identify opportunities to scale the product, technology, and organization, and then launch them into action. See some of our stories at engineering.creditkarma.com.
As a front-end engineer, you will be part of our product engineering team that is responsible for the web front-end that powers Credit Karma’s products and services, including creditkarma.com. We have been using React + GraphQL and launching new experiences on both mobile and desktop web. Expect to collaborate closely with product, design, analyst and backend teams to build new features, drive technical direction, and building frontend applications at scale.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do
- Implement user-facing features using React and GraphQL
- Work closely with team members to build scalable features and systems
- Partner with designers, product managers, analysts, and program managers
- Own the complete software development lifecycle
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable UI components that will be used across our products
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
What's Great About It
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisions of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business
- You'll have lots of opportunities to break-new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Good understanding of how web browsers workCustomer-focused and data-driven
- Enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Effectively communicates technical ideas
- Experience with a modern web component frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember)
- Experience implementing APIs that are used by the client (e.g. REST, GraphQL)
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top