Senior FP&A Analyst, Revenue and KPIs
As part of the FP&A team, you will own weekly in-month revenue forecasting and the story that is communicated to the executive team. You will use your understanding of macro market shifts, business trends, partner changes, product launches and marketing efforts to accurately forecast revenue and compile the story behind it. It will be your responsibility to highlight noteworthy insights, trends and figure out how to most effectively communicate them to the Finance and broader leadership teams. You will create the weekly KPI presentation for the executive team and be responsible for compiling the story of what’s going on in the business. The executive team will use your work on a weekly basis to direct areas of focus and in decision making. Your work will help guide the understanding of the business and direct where cross-functional teams should focus to make optimizations.
A primary focus will be to continuously refine the forecast methodology to optimize for accuracy, ease of understanding outputs and ease of use. Building deep partnerships with Analytics, BD, Marketing, RecOps, Data, BizOps and Product will be crucial for success in this role. Having a high sense of ownership, a natural interest in continuously improving the way the business is viewed and a strong ability to communicate with non-financially minded peers is also key for this position.
The role will report to our Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Own the in-month revenue forecast leveraging cross-functional partnerships (ex. FP&A vertical leads, Analytics, BizOps, Marketing, Engineering, BD, Data, RecOps and Product teams) to accurately forecast revenue
- Understand member engagement metrics and the implications via an ongoing partnership with Marketing
- Leverage the revenue forecast and your understanding of current / historic performance of key metrics to create the weekly KPI presentation to identify trends, business shifts, areas of concern and areas of strength for the executive team
- Quantify month-over-month business shifts by partnering with Marketing, FP&A, Analytics, BD and BizOpsOwn monthly rolling forecast consolidations and drive that timeline with the FP&A team and broader cross-functional partners
- Continue to improve the revenue forecast and KPI creation to drive efficiencies and deliver added insights to the business
- Oversee the Canada vertical from a financial perspective, operating as the financial partner for this business and working with the Canada leadership team to forecast, budget and understand business trends
- Directly responsible for budgeting, forecasting and understanding trends / implications for the long tail of smaller business verticals
- Investigate and communicate financial performance variance relative to expectations, partnering with respective departments across the company to gain additional insight
What We Expect:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience (experience in investment banking or high growth companies preferred)
- Previous experience with revenue forecasting, core metrics/KPIs, and partnering cross-functionally with an emphasis on understanding the business context behind the numbers is important
- A rigorous analytical mind able to effectively communicate findings to non-financial partners
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, the Google Doc suite and Looker
- Knowledge of SQL, R or Python is a plus.
- Ability and comfort working cross-functionally
- Self-starter, intellectually curious and a fast learner
Back to top