Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile - Credit Cards - Venice, CA
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, doing their taxes and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,200 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland. See some of our stories at engineering.creditkarma.com.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to bootstrap a new team of mobile engineers to support the Credit Cards business. This role would initially focus on building the team through recruiting. The team that you build will support Credit Cards marketplace, application process, and engagement features. The Senior Engineering Manager role is a highly impactful role at Credit Karma that requires a balance of communication, leadership, teamwork, technical understanding of applications/systems, and follow through to make lasting impact on product, people, and process.
- Bootstrap an engineering team from scratch by leading all staffing functions, including hiring, mentoring, training and retention
- Provide technical leadership and vision in the architecture and implementation of the product within the iOS and Android apps
- Communicate cross functionally with Data Science, Product, Design, Analytics, BD, and others to ensure alignment
- One on ones, growth & development plans, performance, compensation, and making people effective and happy
- Eventually build multiple teams under your leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of engineering management experience
- Previous industry experience as an engineer
- Customer-focused and data-driven
- Enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills with engineers and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
- Experience with API development or service oriented architecture
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
Back to top