Credit Karma is looking for an experienced, top-notch senior editor to join our small but mighty editorial team. Our ideal candidate is intensely detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture, is highly experienced in creating content campaigns that resonate with a big audience, loves to dig into performance analytics, has experience managing freelancers, adheres to journalistic standards and cares about what happens to content AFTER it’s written.
What You’ll Do:
- Edit articles at a high volume in a way that’s accurate, big-picture and micro-detail oriented and compliant.
- Use in-house data and analytics to assess content performance and work with the managing editor to apply these learnings.
- Discover, manage and lead new content initiatives.
- Discover, establish and manage brand-appropriate content partnerships.
- Create thoughtful, data-driven content to reach audiences that are clearly aligned with business objectives.
- Work with our legal team to ensure content is compliant and in line with our editorial policy.
- Work with our SEO manager to create content-forward SEO strategy.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with our social and community team to maximize content promotion.
- Learn the ins and outs of our in-house CMS and publish stories / refresh existing content.
What’s Great About It:
- You’ll get to work with a bunch of different teams and lead a wide variety of projects.
- Your leadership experience really matters: You’ll mentor team members, manage freelancers and have the future opportunity to manage your own internal team.
- You’ll have a key part in shaping editorial content strategy and goals.
- You’ll produce stories that have the potential to reach a wide audience either through social, syndication or content partnerships.
- Your stories will break down complex financial topics and news and make them accessible to millions of members.
- You’ll be on an awesome team of grammar nerds and word lovers.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What We Expect:
- 5-7 years of editing, writing and copy editing experience in a fast-paced environment (extra points if you’ve worked in financial services)
- Extensive experience heading up major projects strategically and cross-functionally (experience managing internal or external team members is a definite plus).
- A bachelor’s degree that in some way relates to writing, editing or journalism (a master’s degree in one of these areas is a plus).
- Familiarity with the tenets of SEO
- Familiarity with an analytics platform (such as Google Analytics) is a plus
- An excellent grasp of English grammar that’s balanced by an even stronger grasp of how people actually talk (experience with AP a plus)
- The ability to prioritize and then reprioritize as needs change
Back to top