Credit Karma is looking for an experienced, top-notch senior editor to join our small but mighty editorial team. Our ideal candidate is intensely detail-oriented without losing sight of the big picture, loves to dig into performance analytics, has experience managing freelancers, generating and coordinating successful content campaigns, adheres to journalistic standards and cares about what happens to content AFTER it’s written
What You’ll Do:
- Edit articles at a high volume in a way that’s accurate, big-picture and micro-detail oriented and compliant.
- Use in-house data and analytics to assess content performance and work with the managing editor to apply these learnings.
- Manage and lead new content initiatives.
- Manage multiple projects with strict (sometimes shifting) deadlines.
- Cut the jargon! Find ways to make credit and finance easier to understand.
- Discover, establish and manage brand-appropriate content partnerships.
- Work with the editorial team to create content to reach personas that’s in line with business objectives.
- Work with our legal team to ensure content is compliant and in line with our editorial policy.
- Work with our SEO manager to create content-forward SEO strategy.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Collaborate with our social and community team to maximize content promotion.
- Learn the ins and outs of our in-house CMS and publish stories / refresh existing content
What’s Great About It:
- You’ll get to work with a bunch of different teams and have your hand in a lot of different projects.
- You’ll have a key part in shaping editorial content strategy and goals.
- You’ll produce stories that have the potential to reach a wide audience either through social, syndication or content partnerships.
- Your stories will break down complex financial topics and news and make them accessible to millions of members.
- You’ll be on an awesome team of grammar nerds and word lovers.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about.
What We Expect:
- 5-7 years of editing, writing and copy editing experience in a fast-paced environment (extra points if you’ve worked in financial services)
- A bachelor’s degree that in some way relates to writing, editing or journalism (a master’s degree in one of these areas is a plus).
- Familiarity with the tenets of SEO
- Familiarity with an analytics platform (such as Google Analytics) is a plus
- An excellent grasp of English grammar that’s balanced by an even stronger grasp of how people actually talk (experience with AP a plus)
- The ability to prioritize and then reprioritize as needs change
Back to top