Senior Director, Marketing - Credit Cards
Credit Karma is working to make financial progress possible for everyone. We recommend financial products that will help our members achieve their goals, not matter what they are.
We are seeking a strategic, highly quantitative marketing leader for our credit card marketing efforts. This person will work will work directly with the marketing team and the general manager of our credit cards business to develop and manage a large and diverse set of marketing campaigns. They will be ultimately accountable for the media budget and results of all campaigns. Additionally, they will be asked to look at the broader market for financial products and develop strategies to expand our business.
Because of the scope and cross functional nature of this role, we’re looking for an experienced Marketing leader who has a passion for all aspects for marketing. They should have a strong grasp of performance marketing channels and have a high fidelity conversation with our analytics and performance marketing teams, and also be able to engage with consumer insight, creative and product marketing teams to talk through creative strategy and how we’ll achieve product-market fit with new initiatives.
What the Job Entails
- Lead marketing for our Credit Cards business, guide its evolution, develop its value proposition and lead its go-to-market strategy in partnership with vertical leadership
- Owns marketing budget, resourcing plan, goal setting and ultimate outcomes for all credit card marketing initiatives
- Develop plans from strategy to execution on how to grow the credit card business
- Collaborate with the product marketing and research team to develop a strategic vision with knowledge of and empathy for Credit Karma members through research, insights and competitive analysis
- Work effectively across functions; partner with product and performance marketing on identifying and addressing adoption barriers
- Study and monitor competitors that are relevant to specific features or initiatives. Strategically differentiate and position Credit Karma’s offering and help it stand out from the crowd
- Provide necessary leadership in crafting members’ experiences that balance business needs, company’s vision, member needs and product priorities
- Bring and leverage domain expertise in credit card product, value proposition, competitive dynamics, direct marketing to CK’s credit card marketing efforts
Our Ideal Candidate Has
- 10+ years of experience B2C Digital Marketing for Credit Cards , including experience leading teams and groups cross-functionally to the best outcome
- Has spent 2+ years directly managing a performance marketing channel (Search, Display, Paid Social, Email, etc..) in a B2C environment
- A proven track record of using data at all levels of decision making and operations
- A passion for experimentation and creating a culture of learning
- Ability to synthesize disparate information sets into a cohesive narrative and strategy
- Passion and savvy for applying new technologies for next-generation consumer facing product experiences in the financial space.
- Highly collaborative and influential - enjoys getting everyone on the same page to drive action
- 1+ years in a strategic role (e.g. consulting)
Back to top