Senior Director, Data Science
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, doing their taxes and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,200 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is looking for an industry luminary to be the overall leader of its fast-growing and pivotal Data Science organization. This role will allow a motivated individual to make a significant impact within the organization by delivering the most meaningful content to our users and by helping drive accelerated growth. The leader will also be the external face of Data Science at Credit Karma as the industry leader in Data-driven personal finance.
- Hire extraordinary Data Scientists and Data Science Leaders into the organization, and structure the team for hyper-growth for the next few years.
- Partner with colleagues across the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to demonstrate our extensive data to better serve our users.
- Responsible for accelerating revenue advancement through disruptive and continuous improvements in targeting models, feature engineering including user profiles and behavior, personalization, etc.
- Build a common data science platform for multiple verticals and geographies.
- Lead our industry-first platform for financial institutions, to enable certainty of approval for 85+ million consumers.
- Craft a research environment within the team to explore the frontiers of Deep Learning, Recommender systems, and other areas, as they apply to Personal Finance.
- Represent Data Science in CEO-led meetings and business reviews. Be able to translate hard technical subject matter to business partners.
- Represent Credit Karma in external forums such as conferences, speaking engagements and meetups, and act as a talent magnet and spokesperson in such forums.
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D./MS) in CS, Math, Physics or a related quantitative discipline.
- 12+ years of experience in Data Science, Machine Learning and related areas, ideally in hyper-growth consumer Internet scenarios.
- 6+ years leading large teams of Data Scientists. Consistent track record with hiring and motivating excellent Data Scientists.
- You have experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, time series analysis, and mixed-effect models, and Machine learning techniques.
- You have various techniques in Deep Learning, advanced Recommendations Systems, Search Ranking, Experimentation a plus.
- You possess experience with Finance data (credit record data, loan underwriting).
- You have optimizing business outcomes in hyper-growth Internet companies (predictive science, ad yield management, marketplaces, etc) a huge plus.
- Authoritative knowledge of Python, R and SQL, as well as ML systems such as TensorFlow, Torch, etc.
- Ambitious, results oriented, hardworking, creative thinker and a trustworthy leader.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
Learn more about Credit Karma at creditkarma.com/careers
Back to top