Senior Database Administrator
What the Job Entails
- A deep understanding of Postgres and MySQL database management.
- Spotting performance issues by looking at SQL statements, and can recommend making schema improvements based on the output of EXPLAIN plans.
- Preventing data loss in the case of a system failure using replication technologies.
- Improving and developing our topology for Postgres and MySQL management systems.
- Implementing and improving distributed database architectures in both Postgres and MySQL.
- Automating processes and systems with Python or Bash to improve MTTR, and initial deployment.
- When there is a production issue, you use your experience and knowledge to help us resolve the issue in a short period of time.
Our Ideal Candidate
- You have 4 or more years of database administration with Postgres or Mysql.
- Solid understanding of database system internals, and their impact on query and system performance.
- You have 4 or more years experience working in production environments at scale, and want to improve our availability and performance.
- Writing a script should come as second nature to you, and you should have experience with Python, Bash, Ruby, or Perl.
- Systems often need to be reconfigured, so you should have experience with a configuration management system like Puppet, Chef or Salt. (We use Salt.)
- You should be able to clearly communicate technical details when speaking or writing.
- This position is part of a well established team, and you should be excited about working closely with them, and product developers.
- Working in the cloud is a little different, so it would be great if you have some experience with AWS or GCP.
- Our environment often has new challenges and technologies, so we want a candidate who is excited to learn.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top