Senior Data Scientist, Engineering
What the job entails
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to identify high-impact opportunities to leverage our extensive data to better serve our users.
- Drive the creation of comprehensive datasets encompassing user profiles and behaviors, and incorporating a wide variety of signals and data types.
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new statistical approaches and data sources.
- Build complex predictive models to substantially improve and continuously optimize user engagement and revenue generation.
- Rapidly develop proof-of-concept prototypes to prove out hypotheses.
- Reach across multiple functions, such as Product Management and Data Engineering, to implement the models into production and to monitor their performance.
- Motivate and mentor other data scientists to grow their skills and careers.
Our ideal candidate
- Advanced Degree (Ph.D./MS) in Statistics or a related quantitative discipline.
- 6+ years of experience building and implementing complex models in a fast-paced corporate environment, ideally dealing with problems relevant to revenue, product, and/or marketing.
- Experience with advanced modeling techniques, such as collaborative filtering, matrix factorization, time series analysis, and mixed-effect models, and learning techniques such as boosting and random forests.
- Expert knowledge of R, Python, and SQL, or similar industry standard tools used for large-scale data analysis and modeling.
- Experience with Machine Learning and Big Data technologies such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, and Spark is a big plus.
- Programming experience in Scala, Java, or C++, and familiarity with UNIX command line and core tools would be very helpful.
- Recent experience with a consumer facing online company and/or prior exposure to consumer financial products is highly desirable.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, enthusiastic, and a creative thinker.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top