Senior Corporate Infrastructure Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Engineer who is looking for a challenge in a cutting-edge, fast-paced environment. Your role will be driving innovation, designing, building, and support of our corporate systems in our datacenters and cloud. Closely working with project teams and give recommendations regarding design and implementation choices. We are looking for individuals that have experience with large scale application environments. You must have strong automation and config management skills with a focus on developing infrastructure as code. You must be good at getting things done and take pride in your work.
What you’ll do
- Manage CK internal corporate servers and infrastructure in both datacenter and cloud environments
- Build and maintain tools to help keep our environment lean and mean by use of config management, automation and infrastructure as code methodologies
- Work closely with other teams, from IT, Network Engineering to Security and assist them on projects to support and secure our environment
- Help onboard infrastructure and development teams to use Cloud resources and make sure they use those resources safely and securely
- Participate in a flexible on-call rotation and keep our systems running smoothly.
- Mentor members inside and outside the team and share your knowledge and vision for how we do things
What’s great about it
- Help design and architect systems to support a fast growing business with an awesome mission to help our members achieve financial progress.
- Work with a close knit team that is all about growth, learning and helping each other out while having fun doing it.
- Opportunity to work with many different aspects of our infrastructure, config management, cloud design and management, security, monitoring, logging, storage, etc.
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 5-7 years in Linux/Windows systems administration knowledge of Linux (CentOS preferred) and Windows Server 2012 or later
- Experience with application and database servers such as Nginx, Tomcat, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experienced in monitoring tools and concepts including Nagios/Opsview, Sensu or Google Stackdriver
- Scripting, automation and configuration management (Salt, Foreman, Ansible, Terraform)
- Familiar with operations best practices (examples: consistent backup of databases, Disaster Recovery, Monitoring, performance troubleshooting)
- Familiarity with the following: Basic software development, code repositories, git
- Extensive Networking experience, managing network services including DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Proxy Servers
- Be able to learn and react quickly when facing new problems
- Be able to consistently meet deadlines to handle multiple tasks and projects and switch between them quickly
- Evaluate priorities and use time effectively and efficiently concentrating efforts on the most important tasks
- Quickly grasp the essence and the underlying structure of things
- Deal with concepts and complexity comfortably
- Enjoy the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Work independently
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Participate in the 24x7 pager rotation
- Education - Technical BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience
Back to top