Senior Capacity Engineer
What the Job Entails
- Develop a deep understanding of our production services, and provide the platform engineering feedback in both observed performance and available capacity.
- Identify scaling bottlenecks and provide feedback to the engineering teams as to how they can improve them.
- Develop and improve automated load and performance tests.
- Build and evolve the site wide capacity model that covers services from the product, data, mobile, and platform engineering teams.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Networking teams to ensure we have the right amount of capacity at all times
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5-7 years as a capacity, performance, and/or systems engineer at a fast growing technology company.
- Has a solid understanding of performance analysis methodologies, like USE and TSA.
- Has experience building capacity forecast and reports describing current resource utilization.
- Is able to script large portions of his/her work in python or perl; we believe automation is important.
- Is able to identify and explain and performance or capacity problems on a Linux system using tools like perf, iostat, and bcc.
- Is familiar with identifying, diagnosing, and presenting capacity relating to system and network architectures.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
- This role involves a lot of cross team communication with finance and engineering. You should be able to work with both, and articulate your ideas and positions in speech and writing.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Jonathan works cross-functionally to develop products that help people feel in control of their credit, their options, and their futures.
Back to top