Senior Capacity Engineer
As a Senior Capacity Engineer, you’ll use your technical knowledge to help the engineering organization analyze and improve the cost performance of their services. You should be someone who gets excited about finding performance optimizations, is detail oriented on forecast modeling, and is motivated to learn about our growing architecture. As the first capacity engineer, you will define and deliver on capacity forecasting methodologies, process, and tools. You will play a critical role in the predictable delivery of capacity while keeping the site cost efficient.
What the Job Entails
- Develop and evolve the site wide capacity model to best optimize the services across the product, data, mobile, and platform engineering teams.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Networking teams to right size the capacity plan with the most efficient hardware, networking, and data center architecture.
- Become an expert on our business and system metrics and how they scale the capacity.
- Analyze, test, monitor, and share site capacity KPIs with automated measurement and forecasting tools.
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot or improve the cost performance of their services by sharing utilization metrics and recommend ways to reduce resource consumption and/or request latency.
- Build site capacity KPI reporting to visualize utilization by service and hardware platform.
- Own the publication of budget plans working with the Infrastructure, Networking, and Finance teams.
- Define and manage the capacity request lifecycle for unplanned and organic growth.
- Build the capacity plan modeling and monitoring tools to effectively collaborate with engineering.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5-7 years as a capacity, performance, and/or systems engineer at a fast growing technology company.
- Strong communicator who can influence engineering and finance teams with data driven analysis.
- Skilled in statistical modeling, performance analysis, and infrastructure planning.
- Strong scripting ability (python, perl)Demonstrated ability to identify, diagnosis, and present capacity performance cost trade offs to teams.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent fields
Back to top