Senior AV Engineer
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As an AV Engineer II or Senior AV Engineer, your core responsibilities will include maximizing the uptime of our conference rooms, to work with internal and external partners, and run live event productions and to make sure adherence with our AV standards.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventative maintenance: conduct sweeps of AV spaces daily to ensure rooms have full functionality.
- Triage more complex AV issues and provide an action and communication plan.
- Create and maintain a room tracking spreadsheet for purposes of documenting equipment, life cycle, usage patterns, common failures, and description of troubleshooting methodology, to provide informed recommendations on replacement, training, or upgrades.
- Assist executive staff with setting up required technology, confirm presentations display correctly, audio is functioning if necessary, and otherwise running technology for meetings as needed.
- Contact manufacturer support and vendors to resolve equipment issues. Coordinate and schedule manufacturer service and support, including RMAs and any manufacturer warranty claims.
- Manage the AV component of moves , adds, and changes (MAC) and office build projects
- Direct and supervise vendors in design and installation per our company AV standards for MAC and new build projects
- Document and update operational processes and AV standards
- Perform VC installations and software updates in AV spaces [conference rooms, metric monitors, presentation spaces, and lobby displays]
- Provide AV support via inbound support ticket management (Jira), Slack, email, and via face-to-face meetings
- Train and educate users in the effective use of our AV equipment
- Communicate and coordinate with users regarding AV requirements for upcoming meetings and events
- As the subject matter expert, actively participate in improving existing AV standards based on direct feedback as well though industry knowledge and experience
- Solicit feedback on AV and events processes and technology with the goal of continuously improving the overall experience
STRONG CANDIDATES WILL EXHIBIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Ability to set up, test, calibrate and commission equipment and devices as required to produce fully functional systems. This includes video displays, display systems, screens, cameras, switchers, scalers, processors, transmitters, receivers, interfaces, microphones, mixers, amplifiers, controllers, and other active and passive devices.
- Attentiveness to customer needs, comfortable dealing with gatekeepers (administrative staff, IT engineers, etc.) and executive level staff.
- Trustworthiness, self sufficiency, strong work ethic, reliability and dependability
MINIMUM SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 2+ years of experience in an AV Service & Support role
- Able to pass a background check
- Strong computer skills (GSuite, Microsoft Office, Jira, Confluence, Slack)
- Excellent communication skills, (emails, reports, verbal, messaging, tickets)
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years direct audio-video industry experience working
- Installation and project management experience
- 2 Audio DSP platform certifications (Examples: Biamp, ClearOne, QSC)
- 1 Control system platform certification (Examples: Crestron, Extron)
- InfoComm CTS certification-- CTS-I preferred
Back to top