Security Operations Engineer
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a Security Operations Engineer is to mine a deep data set of security event information for useful signals and feed the results into automated actions and infrastructure changes.
What will you do?
- Leverage Splunk, including Enterprise Security, to craft tests for security hypotheses against Credit Karma’s unique production and corporate environments.
- Set and tune alerting for important events.
- Engage with partners in engineering, IT, and operations to respond to and remediate events.
- Identify opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack.
- Design visualizations of key sustaining metrics for 24x7 panes of glass.
What’s great about it?
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What do we expect?
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills.
- A creative forensic mindset.
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!
Back to top