Security Engineering Summer Intern
What you'll do :
- Infrastructure Security Team Rotation
- Create a secure lab environment for testing our existing security tools against a gauntlet of the latest malware threats.
- Run tests and observe the outcomes - you get to be the hacker!Report your findings to the Infrastructure Security team and help drive our product selection.
- Physical Security Team Rotation
- Build on lessons learned from Infrastructure security, by testing existing physical access control and video surveillance systems.
- Automate log forwarding within existing access control systems
- Application Security Team Rotation
- From the lessons learnt from Infra, you get to run application level pentests
- Tweak and play around with static scan tools
- Build upon static tools to explore dynamic scan tools
- Report the success stories to all security teams
What's great about it:
- You get to learn about the latest attack patterns and how to defend against them
- You get to play with cutting edge security tools
- You will learn how enterprise environments protect against malware attacks and see how a Security Operations Center functions.
- You get to make an impact on Credit Karma’s security posture.
- You get to put your scripting skills to the test within a system built secure by design.
- You will learn how physical access control systems are installed, managed, and protected
- A unique opportunity to potentially identify and improve vulnerabilities in the security armor
- An opportunity to delve into the core aspects of application, infrastructure and physical security of Credit Karma
What we expect :
- You’re a Junior or Senior in a Computer Science undergraduate program or working towards your Masters in Computer Science program
- Working knowledge of systems and networks
- Basic experience with Linux & Windows OS
- Basic knowledge of one programming language e.g. SQL, PHP, Python, R., Java, etc.
- Strong interest in information security, cyber security, or technical risk management.
- Going above and beyond towards breaking things in order to build them better
- A highly motivated candidate that is organized, can communicate well and is receptive to feedback.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top