Security Engineer (London or Leeds, UK)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
The Security Engineer role has the critical responsibility of protecting Credit Karma's members by securing our online processes and preventing online fraud and abuse throughout the Credit Karma product suite. Additionally, the Trust & Safety team helps protect our partners from fraud, abuse and cyber crime. This role in particular will focus on building solutions to help our partners reduce fraud.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do
- Implement a hands-on approach for running fraud systems and processes
- Build strong relations with security and fraud teams at financial institutions, ranging from VP-level executives all the way to hands-on data scientists
- Develop effective metrics to measure performance and test fraud prevention rules, models and methodologies
- Deploy custom models and solutions with partners
- Build custom tools and infrastructure to improve automation and efficiency
What's Great About It
- You will earn and maintain the trust of our users by demonstrating our commitment to safeguarding their information
- You will have lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large organisation
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
Experience We're Looking For
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or relevant major, or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 6 or more years of experience in data science, fraud, or security
- Knowledge of at least one programming language such as PHP, Python, Scala, Ruby, Perl, Java, R
- Experience with Machine Learning and Big Data technologies such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, and Spark is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong data query, analytic and modeling skills
- Knowledge of fraud and abuse
- Experience deploying machine learning in adversarial spaces
- Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to UKemail@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top