Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a Security Engineer is to develop detection and protection controls as well as build content that will feed automated actions and infrastructure changes.
What You'll Do
- Deploy and maintain security solutions that will prevent and detect attacks against CK's infrastructure
- Develop content and tune alerting for important events.
- Identify opportunities for implementing additional technology controls to create more visibility or defend key points of attack.
- Partner with incident responders to automate repetitive actions.
- Build and monitor integrations between security solutions and ensure the completeness and accuracy of ingested data.
What's Great About it
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What We Expect
- Solid grasp of system, network and security fundamentals
- Strong scripting or relevant programming skills for automating repetitive tasks.
- Experience working in (or closely with) a Security Operations Center.
- Experience creating detection content and writing correlation rules
- Expertise configuring and administering at last one vulnerability management solution.
- Expertise configuring and administering security automation and orchestration platforms
- Self-starting attitude and fearless ascent up the learning curve.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!
Back to top