Program Manager, Engineering
What will you do?
- Provide leadership and coordination to projects that span multiple teams and departments.
- Create core teams to manage your program and ensure teams work together in creating objectives and timelines.
- Own and swiftly break down impediments that prevent things from moving forward. Increase collaboration and improve visibility into cross-team dependencies.
- Identify and communicate risk in projects early so that mitigation steps can be taken.
- Drive release planning activities that span across multiple teams.
- Coach your teams on effective processes and best practices. Perform Scrum Master responsibilities when needed, or coach existing Scrum Masters (or know how to lead a team in the absence of Scrum)
- Meet team communication needs and own JIRA and Confluence configuration for the program.
- Anticipate change and own the management of it for your program.
What’s great about it?
- You’ll be knee deep in a good mission, helping people understand and improve their credit.
- You’ll be a critical path to many of our most important business initiatives.
- You’ll work cross-functionally with great teams in a highly visible position.
- You’ll have input in defining the future of Program Management for the Technology organization.
- And, of course, all those awesome company perks you probably already read about.
Our Ideal Candidate
- 7+ years of experience working with Engineering teams in a technology company setting.
- Software start-up experience, with an early background as a software engineer or other technical role.
- Experience project managing multiple teams toward a common goal (at least 3 teams and 20 individuals), or leading Engineering teams in a Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager capacity.
- Comfortable with ambiguous, low structure and rapidly changing environments.
- Proven ability to influence without authority. Self-starter who is biased towards taking action to get the job done.
- Critical thinker who will challenge that we are doing things right.
- Excellent communication, coaching and organization skills.
- Familiarity in Agile methodologies; particularly Scrum and Kanban.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or related field from an accredited college or university.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Jonathan works cross-functionally to develop products that help people feel in control of their credit, their options, and their futures.
Back to top