Product Counsel, Tax
What the Job Entails
- Managing legal compliance efforts in the areas of federal and state tax regulation and consumer protection, data security and privacy, and consumer financial services as they relate to the tax industry.
- Supporting internal stakeholders with addressing legal and regulatory risks related to strategic initiatives and innovative transactions for tax product, including product integrations.
- Staying current on and assessing business impact of new and evolving legal and regulatory requirements and developments in the fast-paced, competitive online tax preparation industry.
- Assisting internal stakeholders, including senior management, government affairs and public relations, with responses to external inquiries.
- Innovating on ways to continue fostering a culture of compliance and learning, including supporting ongoing development of legal and regulatory trainings.
- Collaborating with the legal team and management as needed to address ad hoc matters arising in other areas of law.
Our Ideal Candidate
- JD from top law school and excellent academic credentials.
- Member of the California Bar.
- At least five years of relevant regulatory experience in the consumer-facing tax industry, including expertise in applicable IRS regulations, UDA(A)P, GLBA, FCRA and ECOA.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Interest and knowledge of consumer services and current trends in the consumer tax and financial technology industry.
- Prior in-house experience preferred.
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top