Network Security Engineer
What will you do?
- Shape network segmentation strategy to support business needs ranging from massive data processing to corporate services to tightly-controlled PII zones.
- Deploy and tune detection and monitoring solutions ranging from honeypots to breach simulators to maintain real time detection capabilities against unauthorized activity.
- Conduct vulnerability scanning and penetration activities to continuously identify weak points and react to new threat intelligence.
- Integrate intelligence sources into a SIEM, and customize automated response specific to Credit Karma’s unique operating environment.
What’s great about it?
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What do we expect?
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical major (M.S./PhD preferred), or significant job experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience with internet-facing production infrastructure.
- Significant experience with many or most of the following technologies: AWS, GCE, Cisco routers and firewalls, Splunk, vulnerability testing tools, manual penetration testing, border routing, VPN tunneling, application proxying, load balancing, and virtualization/containerization.Strong scripting or relevant programming skills.
- Artful communication skills and organizational savvy, to steer peers and leadership toward solutions that carefully balance business, risk, compliance, and engineering concerns.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!
Meet Some of Credit Karma's Employees
Kyle works behind the scenes as a revenue analyst to provide Credit Karma’s members with personalized offers that help them optimize their finances.
Back to top