Network Security Engineer
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people better manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is critical to our continued success. From the CEO down to each individual engineer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility. Your unique mission as a Network Security Engineer is to partner with Network Engineering to find the perfect balance of simplicity, performance, and hardening to enable data-center-agnostic deployment of microservices in a post-perimeter world.
What will you do?
- Shape network segmentation strategy to support business needs ranging from massive data processing to corporate services to tightly-controlled PII zones.
- Deploy and tune detection and monitoring solutions ranging from honeypots to breach simulators to maintain real time detection capabilities against unauthorized activity.
- Conduct vulnerability scanning and penetration activities to continuously identify weak points and react to new threat intelligence.
- Integrate intelligence sources into a SIEM, and customize automated response specific to Credit Karma’s unique operating environment.
What’s great about it?
- Carrying out two positive missions at the same time: helping people take back control of their credit and helping to keep their personal information safe.
- Solving frontier security problems at scale in a highly technology-focused team.
- Spending zero minutes convincing anyone why security is important - we all understand that very well already!
What do we expect?
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical major (M.S./PhD preferred), or significant job experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience with internet-facing production infrastructure.
- Significant experience with many or most of the following technologies: AWS, GCE, Cisco routers and firewalls, Splunk, vulnerability testing tools, manual penetration testing, border routing, VPN tunneling, application proxying, load balancing, and virtualization/containerization.Strong scripting or relevant programming skills.
- Artful communication skills and organizational savvy, to steer peers and leadership toward solutions that carefully balance business, risk, compliance, and engineering concerns.
- Eagerness to challenge the status quo, balanced with a reasonable and methodical approach to effecting change.
- A fun and positive attitude!
Back to top