Lead Product Manager, Data Science & Machine Learning
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for everything related to their financial goals, including helping them with improving their credit, identity monitoring, applying for credit cards, and shopping for loans (car, home and personal) -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,000 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Credit Karma is working to make financial progress possible for everyone. The Product Management team plays a pivotal role in this mission to architect the future of our products. Our goal is helping our 100 million members make the best financial decisions, from getting their first credit card, to applying for an apartment, or filing their taxes.
As the Lead Product Manager, Data Science & Machine Learning, you will help drive the strategy and roadmap for our data science, machine learning, and recommendation platform— that sits at the core of Credit Karma’s consumer products and technology. This is a fast-paced, highly cross-functional role that will be responsible for leading the R&D and rollout of new algorithms, systems, and cutting-edge data science and optimization technology. This challenging and exciting opportunity will enable you to work on groundbreaking engineering and tech problems at massive scale with a passionate, motivated, and highly-talented team of data science engineers, analysts, and feature engineers.
What you'll do:
- Be the product owner and evangelist for Credit Karma’s data science & recommendation systems
- Partner with our data science & analytics teams to constantly experiment, improve, and expand our core recommendations that combined make over tens of billions of predictions every single day
- Rollout new AI-driven systems, features, and products that solve challenging marketing and technology problems at internet scale
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of engineers, data scientists, and go-to-market specialists to bring your product ideas and innovative new technology solutions to life
- Gather input and consensus from business, engineering, and partners across the company and at the executive level, while ensuring that your vision is aligned with that of the company at large
What we expect:
- A BS in Computer Science, Statistics, or similar fields
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Experience working with data science, analytics, or optimization teams
- Enjoys working cross-functionally across teams and departments
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A roll up your sleeves attitude
- Prior online advertising experience (product management or related) helpful
- Experience building or working on real-time optimization or decision systems
- MS in related technical field
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!
Back to top