Lead Product Designer, Tax
Credit Karma is taking the convoluted world of personal finances and making it easy to understand. For our 80 million (and counting) users, we are uniquely positioned to help them take control of their financial lives through insight into their current financial state, and actionable advice to improve. We are looking for passionate and thoughtful product designers to help our users and push our solutions to a whole new level. We’re in the process of becoming the go-to name for understanding your finances, but it won’t happen without innovative thinking—and that’s why we need you.
The Credit Karma Product Design team evolves through collaboration, reflection and innovation. We're always looking for ways to do better for our users and ourselves. Our team of designers, content strategists, and researchers is growing fast, which means you’ll have impact in a creative environment and help develop best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Own our product area and work collaboratively with other designers, content strategists, PMs, engineers and analytics to ship products
- Navigate ambiguity and know how to find clarity
- Create products that emotionally connect with our users
- Build a vision for your product area and help the team iterate towards it
- Drive product design process from research, wire-frames to excellent visual execution, writing effective copy, illustration, and everything in between
- Guide the work of other designers through feedback that is clear, helpful and actionable
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization
- Help develop our brand as our product grows
What we expect:
- 5-7 years of experience with consumer products at an exceptional level of quality
- A portfolio that displays problem solving for user needs on products that have shipped
- Experience creating tactical deliverables in the form of wireframes, user flows, and visually polished design mock-ups and/or prototypes
- A solid understanding of designing for multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android) at the same time
- Comfort presenting work to a variety of different audiences
- Ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design decision making
- Comfortable working with and evangelizing design systems, and know when to evolve
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to give and take constructive criticism
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to go from manager to user to engineer and back again
- Ability to influence other designers on our team as we grow
- A solid understanding of the practice and principles of responsive design, knowledge of the capabilities of CSS, and an awareness of cross platform issues
- Proficient in creative tools (Sketch, Adobe, Principle, InVision, etc), and knowledge of when to use which one
- A four-year degree (or equivalent) with a preferred emphasis on Human Computer Interaction and Design
- Our Product Design team has a handful of roles open. These include our core initiatives (Credit, ID Protection, Growth & Engagement services), business verticals (Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Mortgage, and Autos), emerging initiatives (Tax and International) and our Data and Monetization platforms. There is no shortage of opportunities to make an impact at all levels.
- Everyone in the U.S. has to file personal income taxes every year and it’s a fairly painful process. Our tax team is working hard to make the DIY tax filing process dead simple for our members and all of it for free, no strings attached. We leverage our strengths in data, mobile and trust/relationship we have with our 80M+ members. As a product designer on the team you would be working on making taxes mobile and painless. We are deploying a large variety of ML/data insights to simplify the process and build awesome mobile experiences that delight users. Come join the team that is going to disrupt the $12B DIY tax filing industry.
Back to top