Lead Product Designer, Personal Loans and Mortgage
Credit Karma is taking the convoluted world of personal finances and making it easy to understand. For our 80 million (and counting) users, we are uniquely positioned to help them take control of their financial lives through insight into their current financial state, and actionable advice to improve. We are looking for passionate and thoughtful product designers to help our users and push our solutions to a whole new level. We’re in the process of becoming the go-to name for understanding your finances, but it won’t happen without innovative thinking—and that’s why we need you.
The Credit Karma Product Design team evolves through collaboration, reflection and innovation. We're always looking for ways to do better for our users and ourselves. Our team of designers, content strategists, and researchers is growing fast, which means you’ll have impact in a creative environment and help develop best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Own our product area and work collaboratively with other designers, content strategists, PMs, engineers and analytics to ship products
- Navigate ambiguity and know how to find clarity
- Create products that emotionally connect with our users
- Build a vision for your product area and help the team iterate towards it
- Drive product design process from research, wire-frames to excellent visual execution, writing effective copy, illustration, and everything in between
- Guide the work of other designers through feedback that is clear, helpful and actionable
- Evangelize design thinking throughout the organization
- Help develop our brand as our product grows
What we expect:
- 5-7 years of experience with consumer products at an exceptional level of quality
- A portfolio that displays problem solving for user needs on products that have shipped
- Experience creating tactical deliverables in the form of wireframes, user flows, and visually polished design mock-ups and/or prototypes
- A solid understanding of designing for multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android) at the same time
- Comfort presenting work to a variety of different audiences
- Ability to apply and explain strategic business thinking to design decision making
- Comfortable working with and evangelizing design systems, and know when to evolve
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to give and take constructive criticism
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to go from manager to user to engineer and back again
- Ability to influence other designers on our team as we grow
- A solid understanding of the practice and principles of responsive design, knowledge of the capabilities of CSS, and an awareness of cross platform issues
- Proficient in creative tools (Sketch, Adobe, Principle, InVision, etc), and knowledge of when to use which one
- A four-year degree (or equivalent) with a preferred emphasis on Human Computer Interaction and Design
- Our Product Design team has a handful of roles open. These include our core initiatives (Credit, ID Protection, Growth & Engagement services), business verticals (Credit Cards, Personal Loans, Mortgage, and Autos), emerging initiatives (Tax and International) and our Data and Monetization platforms. There is no shortage of opportunities to make an impact at all levels.
- Personal Loans team at Credit Karma is committed to providing the most certain, transparent and convenient way for consumers to discover and get personal loans. Using our deep member insights, data and partnerships, we want to become the most helpful and trusted financial assistant for users to borrow and use a personal loan when they need it. As a product designer on the Personal Loans team you will be defining products that make Personal loans comparison and shopping experience frictionless.
- For most Americans, a home is the biggest purchase of their lives. Yet the process of buying or refinancing one is cumbersome and not well understood. Our Mortgage team is building products to empower our members with awareness around home buying options and make the process faster & more transparent by partnering with top mortgage lenders. As a trusted brand with a highly engaged member base, we’re uniquely positioned to shape change in an industry that’s due for an upgrade.
Back to top