Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
Your role will work on improving automation, tools, processes, and communications related to running systems. We will match you to a focus area aligned with your skill set, like Core Infrastructure, Cloud, or one of our embedded teams. Our Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for taking the complicated world of site operations and making it easy for teams to run reliable and performant services.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
What You'll Do
- Develop automation and tools to reduce toil and improve repeatability of processes
- Define reliability metrics (KPIs, SLOs), and work to ensure services meet them
- Develop runbooks and processes to reduce MTTR in incidents
- Collaborate with core infrastructure and service engineers to improve service reliability, scalability, and tooling
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack, software, hardware, cloud, and networking
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
What's Great About It
- The changes you make will directly improve our customers experience by improving reliability
- You’ll improve the life of everyone around you by helping to reduce the operational toil
- You’ll get broad exposure to our stack of technologies such as docker, kubernetes, splunk, GCP, and AWS
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about
Experience We're Looking For
- 4+ years of professional experience in server-side website development or 6+ years in a DevOps role
- Deep understanding of at least two of the following: linux internals, networking, MySQL, Docker, Kubernetes, or cloud infrastructure
- Experience building tooling to improve reliability of systems, automated remediation of issues, or improve scalability
- 4+ years experience working in production environments at scale
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, Bash, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience with a configuration management system like Puppet, Chef or Salt
- Experience with AWS or GCP a plus
- Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to UKfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth.
As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated. Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top