Frontend Engineer - Credit Cards *
Frontend Engineer - Credit Cards
Credit Karma's mission is to make financial progress possible for everyone. We have over 80 million members and are a true mission-oriented business - we succeed by helping our members. If you're motivated by growth and impact, Credit Karma is one of the best places to work in tech today. We are well-positioned to become the main touchpoint for consumer finance, but there is so much work left to do! Engineers joining now have tons of opportunities to take on responsibility and ownership and have a meaningful impact. We embrace a culture where engineers are encouraged to identify opportunities to scale the product, technology, and organization, and then launch them into action.
The Credit Cards team’s mission is to empower people to use credit cards as a tool for financial progress. We accomplish this by helping our customers choose and apply for the right credit card and use their existing cards based on their financial situation and goals.
We are a full-stack product engineering team. We own the marketplace which enables customers to find, compare, and ultimately choose a credit card. We also own the application process, which enables customers to apply for a credit card without filling out any forms.
As a Front End Engineer on the Credit Cards team, you will
- Implement user-facing features using React and GraphQL
- Work closely with team members to build scalable features and systems
- Partner with designers, product managers, analysts, and program managers
- Own the complete software development lifecycle
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Build reusable UI components that will be used across our products
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Deep understanding of how web browsers work
- Customer-focused and data-driven
- Enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Effectively communicates technical ideas
- Experience with a modern web component frameworks (e.g. Angular, React, Ember)
- Experience implementing APIs that are used by the client (e.g. REST, GraphQL)
- Comfort with data analytics, testing tools, and A/B testing methodology
Learn more about Credit Karma at creditkarma.com/careers
Back to top